SPARKLING CUCUMBER MINT GIN
yield: MAKES 1 (MULTIPLY AS NEEDED)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz mint syrup*
- 4 oz sparkling water
- thinly sliced cucumber
- sliced limes
In a serving glass, combine lime juice, gin, mint syrup and sparkling water. Garnish with sliced cucumber and sliced lime. Top glass with ice. Add additional mint syrup, according to taste if desired. Serve immediately.
Bring to a boil 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and a handful of torn mint leaves. Remove from heat, cover pot, and allow mint to steep for 30 minutes. Strain mint and store mint syrup in the fridge until ready to use.
Happy Thursday babes.
If your week has been anything like ours, you are in desperate need of a cocktail, especially a champagne cocktail. Below is one of our favourites.
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 bunches of fresh sage leave
For the Cocktail:
- Pink grapefruit juice
- Sage simple syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- Champagne or other sparkling white wine
- Fresh sage leaves
- Make the simple syrup. Combine the sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to simmer and the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the sage and cook for 30 seconds more. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Once the simple syrup has cooled to room temperature, remove and discard the sage. Transfer the simple syrup to a clean re-sealable container and store it in your refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Make the cocktails. For a single cocktail, vigorously shake 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) grapefruit juice, 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) of the sage simple syrup and 2-3 dashes of bitters in a shaker with ice. Strain into a glass with fresh ice. Top with about 1/2 cup of champagne. Garnish with fresh sage leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
1. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar and strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer.
Recipe from: Floating Kitchen
If you have been following our social media channels, you'll know that we have a bit of a Matthias Heiderich obsession.
In his ongoing series - Reflections, Heiderich captures architectural facades in unexpected places. All of his images have been shot during a road trip through North America. Check out some of our favourites below.
So we are ten days into 2018, and REALLY trying to stick to our resolutions.
In order to keep up with that exercise routine, eat more greens, & make more time for family and friends we have found these little tips have really helped us keep on track.
1. Frame Your Resolutions
Write your goals down, frame them and put them in a place where you can see them every day.
2. Have an Accountability Buddy
Tell a friend your goals, get them to come to the gym with you, even just check up on how your week is going. It's always easier to stick to routines when you have a friend to do it with, and force you to go to that 6am HIIT class even when you really don't want too.
3. Be Patient
Give yourself a break. Rome wasn't built in a day - and neither was your 8 pack.
Normally goals we set for ourselves take time and we have to be kind to ourselves in order to make permanent and long lasting adjustments - give yourselves time and don't expect immediate results.
2017.... definitely an interesting year to say the least. And we have to say we are very happy to say hello to 2018.
So break out the champagne, noise makers, and your best party dress.
Whether you are going out on the town, popping over to a friends house or staying in, we have got you covered.
See below for our top outerwear picks to ring in 2018.
The Drop Panel Jacket
shop the look here
The Drop Panel Contrast Coat
shop the look here
The Winter Bomber
shop the look here
Sometimes the best part about gift giving is the wrapping (and opening)!
Below are our top picks to help your gift stand out under the tree.
Twig and Pom Berry
image from rue coco
image from simple blueprint
Natural Gift Tags
image from sortrature
image from Martha Stewart Wedding
Wreath + Kraft Paper
image from afamily
Happy wrapping babes!
Ahh Christmas is just around the corner, we know, we know...ALREADY!
If you're anything like us you may have left your Christmas list to the last minute, but that's okay because we have got you covered with a storewide sale of 30% off all outerwear.
All orders must be in by Monday, December 18th to guarantee delivery before Christmas.
In other news, we are obsessed with this personalized video from Santa from the Portable North pole.
Surprise your loved ones with a personalised call from Santa himself. Too cute.
Just in time for Holiday shopping - let us help you cross off that special someone on your list!
We are offering a very special 30% off everything in the shop. Yes, everything.
Get these deals while they're hot.. no seriously, do it.
Pictured: The Kimono Coat in Ink
Deep Scoop Coat in Grey, £320.00
1. Ice Skating At Somerset House
2. Christmas at Bourough Market - mulled wine?! Yes and yes.
3. Trafalgar Square on Christmas Eve
4. Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park
5. View all the pretty Christmas lights on Regent Street.
6. Check out the Christmas window displays - our tops tips are Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason & Liberty.
Happy Holidays! xx