National Pumpkin Day: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles
Ummm did you know it was National Pumpkin Day today??! Well you do now!
Can we say #pumpkinspiceeverything ? 'tis the season!
Take a peek below at the tastiest recipe EVER for Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles from our personal favourite, the Minimalist Baker.
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp grape seed, melted coconut, or canola oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup very strong brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups spelt or whole-wheat pastry flour
- Prepare flax egg by combining water and flaxseed in a large bowl and letting rest for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, grapeseed oil, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and whisk. Add almond milk and coffee and stir once more.
- Lastly add flour and stir until just combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes while preheating your waffle iron.
- Once preheated, generously spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and spoon about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the center of the iron and cook according to your machine’s instructions. I like to set mine to the darkest setting so it gets extra crispy.
- Once done, remove and place on cooling rack to let steam roll of and crisp up a bit. Serve warm with vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) and maple syrup. You could also mix your maple syrup with a bit of bold coffee or espresso for an extra special treat.