TGIT! Cocktail Thursday
Happy Thursday babes.
If your week has been anything like ours, you are in desperate need of a cocktail, especially a champagne cocktail. Below is one of our favourites.
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 bunches of fresh sage leave
For the Cocktail:
- Pink grapefruit juice
- Sage simple syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- Champagne or other sparkling white wine
- Fresh sage leaves
- Make the simple syrup. Combine the sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to simmer and the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the sage and cook for 30 seconds more. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Once the simple syrup has cooled to room temperature, remove and discard the sage. Transfer the simple syrup to a clean re-sealable container and store it in your refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Make the cocktails. For a single cocktail, vigorously shake 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) grapefruit juice, 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) of the sage simple syrup and 2-3 dashes of bitters in a shaker with ice. Strain into a glass with fresh ice. Top with about 1/2 cup of champagne. Garnish with fresh sage leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
1. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar and strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer.
Recipe from: Floating Kitchen